The Box Office

Featuring reviews, previews, and news from Hollywood. Most days will see at least one new review. Keep checking for the latest updates.

Friday, May 26, 2006

Review-"American Pie 2"

Rated-R (strong sexual content, crude humor, language, and drinking)
Runtime-1:51
Genre-Comedy
Starring-Jason Biggs, Shannon Elizabeth, Alyson Hannigan, Tara Reid, Mena Suvari, Chris Klein, and more.
Rotten Tomatoes Score-50% (64% Users)

I actually liked this sequel better than the original. I'm not a huge fan of either though. I mostly just watched for one of my favorite actresses (Alyson Hannigan).

This movie is not for anyone underage. It is rated R for very good reason. There is a whole lot of swearing and sexual content. I'm sure many of you enjoy that but I don't. The acting is better than I thought it would be. These kinds of movies generally have young actors who have no idea what they are doing. The plot is weak and just scribbled together to make a sequel for this high-grossing franchise.

If you like trashy movies, this is definitely for you. If you don't, you still might find some funny moments but you will overall be disapointed.

Pros: Pretty good acting, funny if you are into this kind of humor.
Cons: Very weak story.

Rating-***1/2 (Out of 5)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home